BNP Paribas Real Estate Group is committed to delivering the best possible service to you and we wish to maintain the confidence that you place in us. We would like to provide you with clear information about how we use and store cookies on your device when you use our website https://data-privacy.realestate.bnpparibas/en/accueil (the “Website”).
What is a cookie?
- Cookies are small text, image or software files that are placed and stored on your computer, your smartphone or all other devices used for accessing the internet when you visit our Website and/or use our Application. The term “cookie” used in this policy should be understood broadly and can also refer to alternative technologies used to store information on your device (such as Flash cookies, fingerprinting, invisible pixels, HTML5 localStorage, etc.), depending on which device you are using.
- Cookies are very useful and can, for instance, enable an internet site to recognise you, to log when you visit a particular page, to provide a secure connection to a website and/or application and enhance your user experience by: improving your experience of a website and/or application, securing your connection and/or adapting the content of a page to your areas of interest.
The maximum retention period of the cookies we may store on your device is 13 months.
What kind of information can be stored in a cookie?
Your choice about cookies
The placing of cookies on your device is subject to your consent.
Most of the cookies we place are used to improve your browsing experience of our Website and/or Application. As a default, most browsers are set to accept cookies. However, if you do not wish to consent to cookies being stored on your device, you are able to:
use the below link to select specific categories of cookies you want to allow or block; or
block all cookies by changing your browser settings. If you decide to block all of the cookies using your internet browser, you will only be able to visit the public areas of our Website and/or Application and will no longer have access to any secure areas.
By pursuing your navigation on our Website and/or Application, you allow us to set cookies on your device. You will always be able to change your mind by rejecting cookies from being set on your device or updating your preferences using the below table.
In selecting which cookie(s) you are allowing on your device, please note that the cookies used on our Website and/or Application can originate from us or from third parties (those are generally related to analytics functionalities or social media platform integrations). From a practical point of view, this means that when you allow third party-cookies to be placed on your device, said third-party might have access to certain information about you (such as, for instance, your browsing statistics when you are allowing third-party analytics cookies).
Types of cookies installed by the Website / Application:
Cookies placed by us (first party cookies)
To view the categories of cookies we use on this Website/Application and manage your preferences, please click on this link.
For more information about how we process your personal data in this context and an explanation of your rights (including a right of access, rectification, objection to direct marketing and a right to set guidelines with regards to the use of your personal data after your death, as well as, in certain circumstances, a right of erasure, restriction of processing, data portability and a right to object to other forms of processing) and our obligations in that respect, please consult our Data Protection Notice available at https://data-privacy.realestate.bnpparibas/en/accueil.
Other ways you can control which cookies are placed on your device
You can also configure cookies settings though your internet browser. Your browser settings can be modified at any time.
Depending on the type of browser you have, you may configure your settings to block certain types of cookies, or cookies from certain sources, or to notify you each time a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer, so you can then accept or reject it.
For details on what your browser offers and how to configure your browser according to your choices, please go to the “Help” menu or other dedicated section of your internet browser.
By way of example:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer?redirectlocale=en-
For mobile devices, you can also check the following links:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=fr&ref_topic=2373959
Depending on your type of browser, you can also active the incognito mode or the “Do Not Track” option.
If your device is used by many people or include various browsers, it is possible that your choices about cookies are not taken into account permanently, either because you used a different browser or because someone modified your cookies settings.
If you use many browsers to access our Website and/or Application, your preferences regarding cookies must be specified on each of them.
More information about cookies, not just those from our Website or Application, and how cookies can be controlled can be found at Youronlinechoices, published by Interactive Advertising Bureau France (IAB). On this website you will find information about how behavioral advertising works, further information about advertising cookies and the steps you can take to protect your privacy on the internet, notably by deactivating certain cookies for participating third-party companies.